This 4-day course teaches the basics of smart contract development on the Ethereum platform using Solidity and the Truffle Framework. It covers the full workflow of developing, testing and deploying contracts as well as interacting with them afterwards. In addition you will learn about common contract patterns and potential security issues.
In this course you will learn
- How the Ethereum smart contracts platform works in depth
- How to write and properly test smart contracts
- How to use the Truffle Development Framework
- Which standards are out there and how to reuse well-tested code
- How to deploy contracts and get them verified on block explorers
- About common contract patterns and when they are appropriate
- How to avoid common security issues
- How your UI can work with different browsers and wallets
The course starts everyday at 10:00 and ends approximately at 18:00, including a lunch break and is held in English. We do not provide devices needed for this course, so please bring your own device.
The course consists of three alternating main elements:
- A presentation introducing and explaining all of the relevant concepts and details
- Live coding of an example contract where participants can follow along
- Code exercises where participants develop contracts by themselves
Rough daily schedule:
- Day 1: Deep dive in Ethereum, Geth Tutorial, Truffle toolchain, Solidity Basics
- Day 2: More Solidity, Deployment, OpenZeppelin, Testing
- Day 3: More Testing, web3.js, Contract Design Patterns
- Day 4: Contract Design Patterns, Security, Roadmap, Under the Hood
After the course participants can earn our “Smart Contract Developer” certificate (issued on the ethereum blockchain) by solving a number of off-site exercises. The certification program is additional, and not part of the course.
Prerequisites: Solid experience in any object-oriented programming language. Please read more about the previous knowledge and experience you should have in order to get the most out of the course here.
In this course you will get a tight package full of highly specialized knowledge and practice in a short time frame. You can read about the skills you will learn in more details here.
Next Academy dates @ RIAT, Vienna, Austria:
April 4th – 7th Sign me up