List of materials and consumables which are in use by the labs and workgroups.
RIAT consists of different labs and workgroups, which work internationally but have specific shared resources in order to function. You can support the labs by sending us machines, consumables or other things from the material lists.
Address: RIAT, Neubaugasse 64-66/3/4, 1070 Vienna, Austria
Open Publishing Lab
The Open Publishing Lab consists of different RISO printers, paper cutters as well as different modded laser- inkjet and other printers, to work on experimental printing techniques. Besides a vast amount of printers and plotters, the lab also has papercutters, binders and other machines to process publications for different workgroups and projects.
Materials list of the open publishing lab
- RISO color or drums, and RISO S-132 Masters
- Munken Polar or Lynx paper, Biotop paper (100-300g)
- Ideal 4850-95 paper cutter
- Vintage laser printers (HP Laserjet 3-6) and other old printers and plotters (for hacking)
- Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer
Open Hardware Lab
The open hardware lab is a prototyping and reverse engineering lab which works on the intersection of open and libre hardware. It is currently intertwined with the Open Publishing Lab and works on book scanners, DSLR camera hacking and advocacy on open hardware for cryptography.
- Sony RX-100 cameras (first edition)
- Sony A7 (the first edition)
- Vintage lenses
- A3/A2 scanners
- Soldering machines (for workshops)
- Aim TTi CPX400D
Laboratory for future cryptoeconomics
One of the core aims of the laboratory for future cryptoeconomics is to publish the Magazine for Future Cryptoeconomics. Other aspects involve the research on different forms of interview and publishing methods, as well as creating texts+content for different projects.
- (currently enough equipped)